Thursday, March 12, 2015

10 Minute Creamy Cauliflower Soup



Last night I tried a new recipe, a super healthy super quick cauliflower soup recipe from Super Healthy Kids. This soup is extremely easy to make, no matter how great or terrible you are in the kitchen, and it tastes amazing.

Ingredients:
  • 4 1/2 cups cauliflower florets (1 large head cauliflower)
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/4 onion, chopped
  • 2 1/4 cups warm milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Croutons, bacon bits, and/or chives for garnish (optional)
Directions:

Steam cauliflower, garlic and onion. Combine the steamed veggies with the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Serve warm with garnish of your choice.


I used a bag of frozen cauliflower and steamed it in my Pampered Chef Micro Cooker. Since the recipe was so simple I actually ended up having a few blonde moments while making this since I thought I could memorize it (but as my sister can vouch, my memory sucks). So I steamed my cauliflower and then realized after it was finished that I was supposed to steam the onion and garlic, so I had to steam those separately. Then I forgot to add the milk to the blender and couldn't figure out why I was having such a tough time getting it to blend. Whoops. Even with my mistakes this recipe was super simple and tasted amazing. I used croutons and scallions for my garnishes.

Random rant: Have you ever noticed that the serving size for croutons is measured in tablespoons? Who in the hell is measuring their croutons with a tablespoon??


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment